Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cherry Summer Quilted Tote

Okay, okay!! I know I have been on a quilted bag kick...but aren't they just too cute??!!! Leah Lowe turned 5 on September 7th and I had her fabrics thought out weeks in advance...

*Black double cherry
*Fresh green grassy
*Frolicky yellow bumble bee
*Crisp red with shooting stars

I was excited to try something new and went with "reversible" straps. I really wanted the black to end up on the bottom of the bag which would help the bag not get dingy on the bottom with use. This left the tips being black as well. I didn't want to line the bag with black since it was a whimsical bag for a little girl...I much rathered the fresh green fabric for the job. Instead of choosing one or the other and having the strap ends seen "ending" at the bag, I did the green under and the black on top so it looks seamless. I was quite pleased, indeed.


This is the same miniature size as the little quilt tote I made for Daniella a few weeks back. The finished bag stands 8 1/2" tall without straps and 5-5 1/2" wide. This charming tote is 14" from top of straps down if you are holding it. Each dainty quilt block measures 1.5" X 1.5".

I listed this bag on my Etsy store online: http://www.IceCreamDream.etsy.com/ . It would be nice to start listing these and making them to order...I will whip it up this weekend if I haven't sold it by then and just have it done and ready to ship. Worst case scenario, I will gift it for the holidays :)

Finished bag picture, thanks to my brother-in-law's studio:



No comments: